The Computer Science Department at Madha Engineering College established in 1998 has seen exponential growth and today in addition to B.E in Computer Science it also offers M.E in Computer Science. The courses are NBA Accredited and approved by AICTE, Affiliated to Anna University. The department has the sanctioned intake of 120 students for BE Computer Science and Engineering and 20 students for M.E Computer Science and Engineering.
The department continues to emphasize the pristine science that lies under the diverse aspects of computing. This is the single most important feature of the education offered here. There are several ways to present the canonical core of computing science. Over the years we have developed a distinctive style and method that bridges the theory-practice divide while remaining grounded in the core. Technology changes rapidly, especially in the field of computing. We want the education imparted to our students to be the basis of a lifetime of learning.
We build the computing laboratory with the day one software available in the industry and we are committed to the free software and open source movements, as typified by Linux. We believe that reading and modifying open source code is an extremely good learning tool and an effective initiation into the culture of practical software development.
Our mission is to provide a perfect platform not only to learn but also to be at the forefront of Technology and also provide an excellent education in all computer related fields. Our main task is to prepare students for careers in industry or to pursue advanced graduate studies. Upon graduation our students will be able to perform research in all branches of the computing field.
Our vision is to provide the students with the latest trends which will allow our graduates to be competitive in the job market. We evolve as a centre of excellence with international reputation and to adapt itself to the rapid advancements in the specialized field. We strive to provide a hands-on approach in teaching computer related courses.
Goals & Objectives
Long Term Goal :
Short term Goal :
- To establish Information systems and Technology corporate training center.
- To encourage research activities in the department.
- To establish centre-of-excellence for research in computer Science.
- To establish and strengthen Industry-Institute interaction and be industry solution providers.
- To take up sponsored projects from private and government organizations.
- To have more number of publications and patents in the emerging areas of information technology.
- To be among top ten leading institutes in India and abroad and be recognized as the best department in terms of research and innovation.
- To create better entrepreneurs in the area of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To strengthen the department infrastructure and human resources.
- To conduct faculty development programmes regularly for skill up gradation.
- To conduct programmes for students to acquire soft and hard skills and inculcate leadership qualities, research orientation and technical skills.
- To conduct continuing education programs and workshops/ conferences for knowledge sharing with outside world.
- To improve academic performance of students using innovative and creative methods of teaching.